A few things that are vexing me today:
1. I got a bad haircut yesterday. Now it’s at least another month until I can look cute again. That’s never fun.
2. I just found out my Sunday School lesson I have to teach next week is on chastity. Teaching chasity to 12-14 year olds in Sunday School, what could be better right, or more awkward? I remember a lesson given to me on chastity and it invovled oranges (the only other person who was there doesn’t read this blog), what do you get if you mix oranges and chastity: a lesson you’ll never forget!
3. I’m trying to decide whether to move apartments. It’s a long story as to why, but it’s been the most stressful decision for me. And I just can’t figure out what to do.
4. Carter went to nursury for the first time today. I realized it’s going to be a very traumatic day when I send that child to kindergarten (for me, not for him), I’m a little more attached than I previously realized.
Alright, and after all that whining I have to list some of the good that’s happening in my life:
1. My family is always the #1 good. They rock.
2. My jobs have slowed down and I’m really enjoying being able to work. That stress is gone.
3. I’m taking this awesome vegetarian class and I feel like I’ve learned so much valuable information to help me become a better chief.
4. Halloween was so much fun with an 18 month old. It reminds me of the fun I had on holidays, and allows me to relive it all with Carter.
5. Carter is emerging from his whining/teething phase. We are finally having fun again during the day.
Alright, my blessings outweigh my vexations, I’m good.